Salvation Through Christ: A Matter of FAITH
Jesus loves you and wants to have a personal relationship with you. Check out this short presentation: The Kristo
In your personal opinion, what do you understand it takes for a person to get to heaven and have eternal life?
Here is how the Bible answers this question. It is answered in one word and the word is FAITH.1
F Is for Forgiveness
- Everyone has sinned and needs God's forgiveness. Romans 3:23 23All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.2
- God's forgiveness is in Jesus only. Ephesians 1:7 7In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace.3
A Is for Available
- God's forgiveness is available for all. John 3:16 16God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.4
- God's forgiveness is available but not automatic. Matthew 7:21 21Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord!' will enter the kingdom of heaven.5
I Is for Impossible
- According to the Bible, it is impossible to get to heaven on our own. Ephesians 2:8-9 8By grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift - 9not from works, so that no one can boast.6
- So how can a sinful person have eternal life and enter heaven?
T Is for Turn
- If you were going down the road and someone asked you to turn, what would he or she be asking you to do? (Change direction) Turn means repent. Turn away from sin and self. Luke 13:3 3Unless you repent, you will all perish as well!7
- Turn to Jesus alone as your Savior and Lord. John 14:6 6I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.8
- Here is the greatest news of all. Romans 10:9-10 9If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10With the heart one believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses, resulting in salvation.9
What happens if a person is willing to repent of their sins and confess Christ?
H Is for Heaven
- Heaven is a place where we will live with God forever. John 14:3 3If I go away and prepare a place for you, I will come back and receive you to Myself, so that where I am you may be also.10
- Eternal life begins now with Jesus. John 10:10 10I have come that they may have life and have it in abundance.11
H can also stand for how
How can a person have God's forgiveness, eternal life, and heaven? By trusting Jesus as your Savior and Lord. You can do this right now by praying and asking Jesus to forgive you of your sins and inviting Jesus into your heart.
Accepting Christ is just the beginning of a wonderful adventure with God! Get to know Him better in a number of ways:
- Follow Christ's example in baptism.
- Join a campus fellowship and find a church where you can worship God and grow in your faith.
- In your campus fellowship get involved in a Bible study and at church join a Sunday School class.
- Begin a daily personal worship experience with God where you read the Bible and pray.
What is next? Making Jesus the leader and guide for your life.
1 LifeWay Christian Resources, "Salvation Through Christ: A Matter of FAITH," http://www.lifeway.com/lwc/article_main_page/0%2C1703%2CA%25253D164091%252526M%25253D200806%2C00.html (accessed December, 18 2008).
2 Romans 3:23, (HCSB) Holman Christian Standard Bible.
3 Ephesians 1:7, HCSB.
4 John 3:16, HCSB.
5 Matthew 7:21, HCSB.
6 Ephesians 2:8-9, HCSB.
7 Luke 13:3, HCSB.
8 John 14:6, HCSB.
9 Romans 10:9-10, HCSB.
10 John 14:3, HCSB.
11 John 10:10, HCSB.